The Scarlet Thread is a blog tracing the redemptive theme of God’s love for mankind through the Scriptures. It examines the prophetic message of the Old and New Testaments regarding the Messiah, Jesus Christ, the Son of God. From Genesis through Revelation, the Bible tells the story of God’s love for mankind, our fall from our created state, our separation, and the way for mankind to once again have fellowship with our Creator. Articles also explore Biblical themes and ideas relating to prophecy, theology, eschatology, and essential beliefs.
The author, Brian D. Moody, is a husband and father. His wife Kim and children Megan and Seth live in Claremore, Oklahoma. Brian is a Senior Compliance Officer with the Department of the Interior. Brian is a graduate of John Brown University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Education and an Associate’s Degree in Bible. He is a member of Harbor Church in Oologah, Oklahoma where he serves as Small Group Facilitator.
And in Jesus Christ His only Son
I believe in the virgin birth
I believe in the Man of Sorrows bruised for iniquities
I believe in the Lamb who was
crucified and hung between two thieves
third and glorious day
And I believe in the empty tomb and the
stone that the angel rolled away
He descended and set the captives free
And now He sits at God’s right hand
and prepares a place for me
To lead us into the truth and light, to baptize and to seal
I believe that He will come back the way He went away
And receive us all unto Himself, but no man knows the day
The resurrected souls of men receive from Him their fate
Some to death and some to life, some to their reward
Some to sing eternal praise forever to our Lord
The faith that has endured
This truth is assured
Through the darkest ages past
Though persecuted, it will last
And I will hold steadfast to this creed
Words and music by Bob Hartman
From the song “Creed” by Petra
My Creed – What I Believe
- God the Creator exists eternally in three persons – God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was born of a virgin. He lived a sinless life, was crucified and died, and rose again bodily on the third day. He ascended into Heaven with a promise to return some day, first in the air to resurrect those believers who have died and to rapture those who are still alive. His coming may occur at any moment prior to the Tribulation Period. He will make a visible, personal, premillennial return to the earth at the close of the Great Tribulation. He will establish His kingdom and reign for 1,000 years. Afterward, we shall enter Heaven, the Holy City, New Jerusalem, where we shall live and serve God throughout eternity.
- The Holy Spirit is active in the world today, calling, convicting, and regenerating mankind. The Holy Spirit comforts, empowers, reveals, inspires, baptizes, and seals believers. He bestows spiritual gifts to believers equipping them for the building up of the Body of Christ.
- Faith in Jesus Christ results in eternal life in a literal heaven, and saves us from a literal hell.
- Regeneration, or the new birth, is a work of God’s grace whereby believers become new creatures in Christ Jesus. It is a change of heart wrought by the Holy Spirit through conviction of sin, to which the sinner responds in repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Repentance and faith are inseparable experiences of grace.
- Repentance is a genuine turning from sin toward God. Faith is the acceptance of Jesus Christ and commitment of the entire personality to Him as Lord and Savior.
- Justification is God’s gracious and full acquittal upon principles of His righteousness of all sinners who repent and believe in Christ. Justification brings the believer unto a relationship of peace and favor with God.Sanctification is the experience, beginning in regeneration, by which the believer is set apart to God’s purposes, and is enabled to progress toward moral and spiritual maturity through the presence and power of the Holy Spirit dwelling in him. Growth in grace should continue throughout the regenerate person’s life.
- Glorification is the culmination of salvation and is the final blessed and abiding state of the redeemed.
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible Word of God, without error or fault in its original manuscripts.
- The true church is comprised of all Christ followers everywhere, that have lived in the past, and will live in the future. Jesus Christ is the head of the church.
- Water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by Christ followers.